San Diego Upholstery Restoration and owner Laure de la Chapelle specializes in interior design and the upholstery restoration of antique furnishings, along with custom draperies and fabric wall coverings.
She chose Interior Design as a profession mainly because of her interest in the preservation of old furniture (armchairs, chairs), in the beautiful workmanship of creating and restoring, and in window treatments.
Born on October 1958 in Paris 8th arrondissement, she has a formal education and a post secondary education in Musical studies. She graduated from the National Conservatory of Meudon 92000.
Laure de la Chapelle education and experience:
- Classical guitar, in the class of Professor Betho Davezac
- Apprenticeship in several Paris upholstery workshops
- Studied and trained in ‘Design-Template, at École Boulle, 9 rue Pierre Bourdan – 75012 Paris.
- In-depth study of Art history
- Graduated with a C.A.P. (Certificate of professional aptitude) in Furniture upholstery; Design-Template
- Studied Upholstery-Stuffing, Chambre des Métiers,
C.F.A. 8 Passage de la Bonne Graine, 75011 Paris
- Graduated with a C.A.P. in Upholstery-Stuffing and Design
- Apprentice upholsterer in various workshops in France
- Established a workshop in Paris 75016, in 1993
- Established a workshop in San Diego , U.S.A. in 1998
Whether you have a contemporary piece or a beloved antique piece, Laura de la Chapelle will be able to restore it with the gentle care and adoration that it deserves. Re-upholstery and restoration of vintage armchair, sofas, and window dressings require patience and manual skill achieved only by practice, and an innate understanding of new and old fabrics and how they are designed to fit together. Our workmanship is of the highest quality and our craftsmen have years of experience. At San Diego Upholstery Restoration, you can be sure that your furniture is treated with utmost care.